[asterisk-dev] SIP User-Agent string should display Asterisk version

Marc Blanchet marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca
Fri Dec 29 13:26:01 MST 2006

Hi,
  would like to propose the following change:
- currently, Asterisk displays "Asterisk PBX" in the User-Agent SIP
header. One can change this behavior in sip.conf by setting the
useragent variable.
I would like to suggest to change the default to also display the
Asterisk version (same as asterisk -V).  If one care about privacy,
security or whatever, they could set the useragent variable in sip.conf.
Purpose: to do better diagnostics when running multiple instances,
when troubleshooting remote asterisk servers you do not manage,
etc...  This is also a common practice in SIP devices.

If people agree, I can provide the patch to trunk on this.

Marc.