[asterisk-dev] ast_safe_string_alloc & powerpc problem in asterisk 1.4

Nicolás Gudiño nicolas at house.com.ar
Thu Dec 28 14:03:53 MST 2006

Hello all,

Just wanted to point out a problem I found when upgrading from 1.4-beta3
to 1.4 final.

Problem description: Zap channels where named always as Zap/0-0.
Sometimes as Zap/0-3.

After inspecting the code, I found that the problem was with
ast_safe_string_alloc.

Searching the net I found a patch by rizzo in trunk that replaced those
calls with asprintf:
http://www.mail-archive.com/svn-commits@lists.digium.com/msg10915.html

With this change Zap channels are now named as usual.

This asterisk box is running under a powerpc machine under yellow dog
linux: it might be a platform specific problem.

Should I open a bug report in Mantis? This seems to be fixed in trunk,
so it will only apply to 1.4 and probably only for powerpc systems..