[asterisk-dev] PROPOSAL: new manager scope called "reporting"

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Thu Dec 28 00:26:30 MST 2006

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> I would not call this 'reporting', I would call it 'monitoring', since
> you are monitoring the health of the system, not reporting on its
> activity. However, that will still be a very broad category, and I'm not
> sure that someone who turns on 'monitoring' on their manager session is
> going to want to see RTCP events for every RTP session that
> terminates... that would be a lot of excess events. The manager
> interface currently doesn't give us any finer granularity, though.

Is there anything against just enabling this in additional headers when
cdr_manager is enabled ? Seems closely related to that function...

BTW, it should technically be possible to gather RTCP-like data from
IAX2 channels, would be usefull to add that in too, eventually.

By the way, since this type of data doesn't say anything about the
health of the system, but rather on the health of the network (!) I'm
not sure 'monitoring' is a good classification either :-))

Grt,
Florian