[asterisk-dev] Improvement of coding practices

SF Markus Elfring elfring at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 27 06:46:08 MST 2006

> I get a feeling you try to apply a bunch of theoretic methods, which are
> not necessarily relevant to the code in hand.

I reference some common and fundamental software techniques just to be sure that we have got similar ideas about required refactorings in mind. I am interested in feedback on your different opinions.

> Haver you looked at it? (don't take my word for granted)?

Yes, I tried my little review.

> What do you think?

I have recognized a few character arrays where the addition of the key word "const" can increase internal safety a bit.

It is documentation missing for an easy understanding of the involved structures, isn't it?

> Don't over-design.

It may be required to achieve correctness. How familiar are you with it?
Have code programmers or "hackers" got different viewpoints?

Some of my suggestions are also in the waiting queue that can be seen in the bug/feature request tracker.

Regards,
Markus