[asterisk-dev] Dialplan keepalive/continue after channel death

asterisk at ntplx.net asterisk at ntplx.net
Tue Dec 19 16:07:03 MST 2006

I'm writing an asterisk app than needs the dialplan to continue to run
after the channel is closed so I can do some cleanup/post-processing.
How can I makethat happen?

It is for a normal call that is answered by the dialplan and passed to
the app. The app returns 0 (when it's done or the channel fails) but the
if channel is closed asterisk just stops the dialplan at that step.

I don't need to use the channel again (since it's not there), but I need
to be able to execute additional steps.

This is not an AGI app, it's compiled C module.

Am I missing something simple my module can just enable?

  Andrew