Subject: [asterisk-dev] The Trouble with CDR's...!

Freddi Hansen fh at danovation.dk
Tue Dec 19 01:11:21 MST 2006

To He/She Who Cares about CDR's in Asterisk:
> Now is the time to review CDR problems, and complaints; that is, if you
> want them fixed. If you like your problems to stay that way, you can
> stop reading this now...
Hi,
I have 2 things that we always have do make 'workarounds' for when it
comes to CDR's
1. is the old issue with no serverindentifier  or hostname so be careful
when mixing CDR's from different servers in the same  backend DB. Our
workaround today is to add hostname via  cdr-userfield.
2. We are missing a 'forward link' when processing multiple cdr's from
the same call. Trying to match 'destination channel name' won't work
when you, as in our case, processes 150k+ cdr's per day.
It would be nice to have a 'UniqueId2'  field that keeps the ID of the
new CDR created with e.g. ForkCDR. It would be a generic way to allow
creation of multiple CDR's from a single call. The manager interface
also uses this join to identities (channels).
I know that I can though not easy/clean 'just take the new id and add it
to the userfield  of the old cdr' in  cases like  ForkCDR. The problem
is when the core itself start to create multiple CDR's from a single
call.  The 'UniqueId2' field would be like a linked list that could be
used to retrive all cdr's related to a single call.
 I know this  is probably not  going to be accepted since it adds a
field to the CDR, but that's my 2 cents.

Steve,
sorry for the noise if you feel this is to much 'off-thread'

Freddi