[asterisk-dev] Re: Asterisk 1.4.0-beta4 Released

Samuel Tardieu sam at rfc1149.net
Sat Dec 16 04:00:39 MST 2006

>>>>> "Asterisk" == Asterisk Development Team <asteriskteam at digium.com> writes:

Asterisk> The Asterisk Development Team is pleased to announce the
Asterisk> release of Asterisk 1.4.0-beta4.

Asterisk> [...] - various SIP interoperability improvements

I think it would be bad to release 1.4.0 without integrating the fix
for bug 8254 (http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8524). Asterisk
cannot talk with some existing SIP boxes because it cannot parse their
perfectly legal Via header and it answers with a totally bogus one.

And I don't say that because I am the author of the fix, but because
this breakage already happened in the real world a few weeks ago.

Moreover, this bug means that Asterisk boxes may sudently not be able
to talk with a SIP provider or user anymore when the peer upgrades its
own hardware or software. And there is no known configuration
workaround on Asterisk side to be able to talk with a provider or a
user using this legal Via header.

The patches are simple enough so that they should be easily
peer-reviewable (4 LOC added in the first patch, 6 LOC added and 12
changed in the second one).

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam at rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/