[asterisk-dev] Channel dev question - getting ringback tone from PSTN

Paulo Garcia paulo.astdev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 06:44:27 MST 2006

Hi,

my channel to our card uses R2D/MFC (built in, not unicall) and I have the
followinf scenario (Asterisk 1.2.13) :

E1-A -> connected to PSTN
E1-B -> connected to PBX

My user starts a call from PBX -> E1-B, then the channel allocates one port
of E1-A to dial to PSTN.  When the E1-A receives answer, Asterisk bridges
both channel and audio can be listen normally.

This works well, but I'm having some requirements to allow the user to
listen the PSTN tones (ringback, busy, unavailable messages, etc).

My initial idea is to send to Asterisk a AST_CONTROL_ANSWER just after
"dial", then Asterisk will bridge both channels and the user will be listen
PSTN's tones.

Any sugestion?

Best Regards

Paulo Garcia