[asterisk-dev] problem with mutex

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Dec 12 10:27:30 MST 2006

Garavaglia Fabio wrote:
> i'm trying to modify the fs of asterisk but i have big problems about

What is "the fs of asterisk" ?

> thread and mutex. In fact the execution is stopped at the start of the
> session although the compilation is OK.
> this is the result of the execution into gdb
>  > [res_features.so] => (Call Features Resource)
>  >  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/features.conf': Found
>  > I type ctrl C
>  > Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
>  > [Switching to Thread -1208464464 (LWP 30428)]
>  > 0x00b71402 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
>  > (gdb) bt
>  > #0  0x00b71402 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
>  > #1  0x0088f580 in poll () from /lib/libc.so.6
>  > #2  0x080b5aee in listener (unused=0x0) at asterisk.c:585
>  > #3  0x00a27bd4 in start_thread () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
>  > #4  0x008994fe in clone () from /lib/libc.so.6
>  > (gdb)
> i think it's a problem with mutex,what do you think about?have you got
> some ideas?

There is nothing in this backtrace that suggests the problem you are seeing has
anything to do with a mutex.  This thread is blocking on a call to poll(), which
was probably passed a negative timeout value, which sets the timeout to infinite.

> ps I use asterisk 1.2.4

I'm not sure what you're doing this work for, but even if it's for something in
1.2, you should definitely be using the latest release.  1.2.4 is quite old.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer