[asterisk-dev] SIP ghost calls

Jonathan k. Creasy jonathan at bluegrass.net
Mon Dec 11 08:34:31 MST 2006

I've seen this behavior on our systems. A single SIP channel can be
there for what could be indefinitely. I've seen them stay for days until
I do a hang up on that channel.

In my case the SIP phone is bridged to an IAX channel and the SIP phone
will go away for some reason. The IAX channel will not be there but the
SIP channel will be on the PBX for days. I'll usually see the SIP
channel on my MRTG graph during the night hours and know that I need to
go in and hang it up.

Not really offering any suggestions here but wanted to contribute the
symptoms I have observed.

-Jonathan