[asterisk-dev] enhanced 'hint' functionality

Thomas Andrews tandrews at grok.co.za
Sat Dec 9 04:12:48 MST 2006

Tilghman Lesher wrote:

>> In other words I want to avoid having any hints hard-coded in the
>> dialplan, and would instead like variables and/or calls.
>>
>> I am using agi scripts currently to look up the relationship between the
>> extension and the device from a sqlite db. So for example I can get
>> Zap/17 from the entry for 200 in the db. I now want to extend this
>> functionality to hints.
>
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7767
>
> It's far from complete, and I haven't had to work on it recently.  However,
> the basic blueprint is there and it works.  It just doesn't work yet across
> reloads.

Tilghman, I'm afraid I can't understand this patch. It dynamically
creates a new extension if the exten line begins with '_' Without this
patch however, my dialplan already accepts hints of the form:

	exten => _2XX,hint,Zap/1

Why would one want this patch ? Sorry if I'm being dumb :p

Many thanks,
Thomas