[asterisk-dev] Re: No complete handling of SIP Via: header?

Samuel Tardieu sam at rfc1149.net
Wed Dec 6 05:22:30 MST 2006

>>>>> "Johansson" == Johansson Olle E <olle at voop.com> writes:

Johansson> The syntax here allows for multiple via parameters, but
Johansson> I've never met a UA that does that. The RFC seems pretty
Johansson> unclear, since it in same cases talk about "inserting Via
Johansson> header values" and in some cases talk about "the topmost
Johansson> via header" not the "topmost/leftmost via header value". So
Johansson> to be safe, I would not implement this in a UA at all.

I just checked ETSI TS 124 229 v7.2.0 (3GPP spec) and in all their SIP
examples, they use the multi-values Via: form, so I guess its usage
will become more and more frequent (same holds for Route and
Record-Route at least).

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam at rfc1149.net -- http://www.rfc1149.net/