[asterisk-dev] summary - TLS support for HTTP, AMI and more

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Wed Dec 6 00:50:21 MST 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 08:40:12AM +0100, Johansson Olle E wrote:
> Luigi,
> Can you please review the current patch for AMI/SSL, that has existed
> in the bugtracker for a long time before you added SSL to HTTP
> and see how that code fits into this picture?

Sorry for not mentioning in the message:

I have reviewed that code long ago, and pointed out (in the bugtracker
and probably to someone else as well) the issues with it.

	The short answer is that it does not fit in the picture.

It touches many places to change the I/O descriptor, and (if i
remember well) it introduces an additional thread to to the SSL
encryption/decryption.

The approach i am proposing is extremely non-intrusive and low
overhead. Please have the patience to read through it even if it
is long.

cheers
luigi