[asterisk-dev] CANCEL/BYE problems ? Please test!

Nic Bellamy nicb-lists at vadacom.co.nz
Mon Dec 4 18:32:20 MST 2006

Olle E Johansson wrote:

> With the assistance of Leif Madsen (blitzrage) I've located a serious
> problem with CANCEL's in combination
> with early media (183 Session Progress).
> This caused the outbound call leg to just die, with no proper hangup.
> In some cases, a phone could ring
> forever.
>
> If you have this problem, please test one of the following branches:

I'd like to help you test this, as it sounds like a problem I had
(Asterisk sending BYE when it should send a CANCEL due to chan_sip using
the channel state rather than a separate state to track which it should
be sending), but I've now forgotten how to reproduce this.

Can you remind me?

Cheers,
    Nic.

--