[asterisk-dev] extend IAX2 IE proposal

Di-Shi Sun di-shi at transnexus.com
Mon Dec 4 08:28:34 MST 2006

Hi All,

Thank you for the advices and comments about this issue.

Our goal is to carry a string longer than 256 bytes in and only in a NEW message. So, using another frame type does not work for our case.  In fact,  the remote variables patch that Corydon76 posted works for our case very well excpet we have to split our string into several shorter strings. We had used it for a while.

Since some other issues, we got a suggestion that to propose and implement a set specific IEs for our purpose.  Kevin mentioned that IAX doesn't support multiple instances of the same IE type in a message.  We agree with Russell and Markku, repetition is useful. But we do not want to cause any problem no matter in spec or implementation. So we will propose multiple specific IE types for every part of our string.

Thanks,

Di-Shi Sun.