[asterisk-dev] extend IAX2 IE proposal

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Mon Dec 4 03:41:13 MST 2006

On 4 Dec 2006, at 04:11, Russell Bryant wrote:

> Tilghman Lesher wrote:
>> On Sunday 03 December 2006 16:51, Tim Panton wrote:
>>> But Kevin's point still applies, IAX doesn't support multiple
>>> instances of
>>> the same IE type in a message.
>> Is that by spec or by implementation?  If by spec, then my IAX2 vars
>> implementation was a big "Oops" on my part.
>
> That's a good question.  I can't think of any good reason for this
> to be the case.  It seems like being able to have more than one IE
> in a message could be quite useful.

It is just that all the element definitions in the RFC so far are
_unique_ values which
have no sensible meaning for multiple values, like SAMPLINGRATE,
DATETIME etc.

It doesn't say multiple values of the same type are permitted or not,
so I guess they
are. If I remember right the current asterisk implementation just
uses the last value it
finds for a given type.

Tim.

Tim Panton