[asterisk-dev] -netsec sip_destroy_hook annoyance, libmidcom proposed change

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Sat Dec 2 14:16:39 MST 2006

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006, Johansson Olle E wrote:

> 2 dec 2006 kl. 21.52 skrev Peter Beckman:
>
>> I'm going to be using a Ranch Networks box in front of asterisk, which
>> requires -netsec and libmidcom.  I'm building and testing the asterisk
>> boxes without the Ranch boxes to make sure they work first.
>>
>> I disabled midcom in the midcom.conf by putting "midcomnat = no" while it
>> was not needed; it was preventing calls from going through since no
>> firewall existed between it and the net.
>>
>> Now I get these messages every few seconds:
>>
>>    Dec  2 15:23:38 ERROR[12890]: res_netsec.c:1058
>> midcom__sip_destroy_hook: Midcom: Module not enabled
>>    Midcom: Module currently disabled
>>
> This is surely no "ERROR" and needs to be moved away to another class.

  LOG_DEBUG perhaps?

  Is there a formal definitions of the verbosity levels and what is
  appropriate at each level?

  Original:

     if (!midcom_enabled) {
       ast_log(LOG_ERROR, "Midcom: Module not enabled\n");
       if (option_verbose > 1)
         ast_verbose("Midcom: Module currently disabled\n");
       return 1;
     }

  Proposed change:

     if (!midcom_enabled) {
       ast_log(LOG_DEBUG, "Midcom: Module not enabled\n");
       if (option_verbose > 300)
         ast_verbose("Midcom: Module currently disabled\n");
       return 1;
     }

  Happy to submit a diff once approved.

Beckman