[asterisk-dev] Little modification in app_mysql.c

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Wed Aug 30 08:36:06 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 17:19 +0200, Andrea Spadaccini wrote:
> Ciao Kevin,
>
> > Disclaimers are needed for all contributions to Asterisk,
> > Asterisk-Addons, libpri and Zaptel (and possibly other projects, this
> > is not an all-inclusive list).
>
> So without a disclaimer my code is likely to be ignored? :(

It is highly likely it would get ignored if you do not file a
disclaimer.

The problem comes down to that of copyright. If you put your fix out
there, and another person wrote essentially the same patch but had read
your code, it could be claimed they were tainted by reading your code.
This could call into question the true ownership of the finally accepted
code.

So, when we adhere to best practises with regard to copyright and
software licenses, it is better to ignore a chunk of code than to get
hammered on it later.