[asterisk-dev] zaptel 1.2.6 and 1.2.8 dtmf detection problem

Ma Zhiyong zhiyong.m at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 03:10:47 MST 2006

Hi, I'm using TE411P card for a VOIP GW in New Zealand.

I encounter DTMF detection problem. While I use zaptel 1.2.6, some
people complain that they cann't dial in the system. They always got
"wrong card number or password". I read the trace, these card numbers
are not complete. I think this is a DTMF detection problem. So I
update the driver to zaptel 1.2.8. And set jitterbuffer to 40.
It works! The users who complained now can dial in.
But another fatal problem appears. When the concurrent calls up to 40,
most of the callers have the DTMF detection problem. So, now, I
re-install the 1.2.6 driver.

I search the source code.
in 1.2.6.wct4xxp.c , vpmdtmfsupport=1
in 1.2.8.wct4xxp_base.c: vpmdtmfsupport = 0;

I think 1.2.6 use hardware to detect DTMF and 1.2.8 use software do
DTMF detection. Don't they?

So may be some bugs in 1.2.8 driver when many concurrent callers input
DTMF tone at the same time?

any idea?