[asterisk-dev] Prepaid Calling Card with Asterisk

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 05:10:35 MST 2006

Hi List;

We need to use Asterisk to have a calling system as
following:

We will sell in the market calling cards to do
overseas calls, so clients will call to our Toll
Number (there will be 4 E1's) and then he will be
prompted (by voice) to enter the username, password
and the number he needs to call. The system should
return for the client (by voice) the total allowed
minutes for him then the call should be implemented.

The call should be implemented via one of the
following:

1) E1 Telephone lines (where service will be via the
local telecom).

2) H.323 Trunks.

3) SIP Trunks.

Based on the username and password, the method of
implementing the call (E1 or H323 or SIP trunk) will
be determined.

Will I need only the Asterisk with ASTCC Prepaid
Billing? Or there is another thing?

Regards
Bilal Ghayad
IPSolutions