[asterisk-dev] DSP_DIGITMODE_NOQUELCH (dtmf)

noah vawter nvawter at media.mit.edu
Fri Aug 25 14:42:05 MST 2006

Hello all,

I'm working on an application in which we'd like to record the users'
touchtone presses
via record_file in ruby, then analyze them.  Currently, any DTMF
detected during recording is
(s)quelched by asterisk.  In dsp.c, it appears that this
functionality can be disabled (see code below).
However, I can't figure out how to set the NOQUELCH flag.  Moreover,
it appears that
the ast_dsp_digitmode function would not allow the flag to be set
anyway.

                if (!(digitmode & DSP_DIGITMODE_NOQUELCH)) {
                                         /* Zero out frame data if
this is part DTMF */
                                         for (i=sample;i<limit;i++)
                                                 amp[i] = 0;

Can anyone tell me how to set DSP_DIGITMODE_NOQUELCH, and if this is
the right thing?
Also, will it break anything to have this flag set?

Thank you very much,
-Noah Vawter

--
"Please put in at least one easter egg for me..."