[asterisk-dev] Hint extension issue - bug?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Aug 23 23:44:16 MST 2006

----- Lucas Alvarez <lalvarez at novamens.com> wrote:
> Hi, I'm using the hint extension to monitoring the status of some
> extensions. If the extension is defined as a friend, the monitoring
> doesn't work any more. It only work if I define it as a "peer". Is
> that
> right ? I mean, I supposed that an extension defined as a friend
> should
> have all the functionality of "user" and "peer" types. Is this
> documented somewhere? How can I know the status of an extension of
> type
> friend? I hope someone could bring me some light about this issue.

There is no such thing as an 'extension' defined as a 'friend'. Extensions are dialplan entities, and friends are entities in VOIP channel drivers (chan_sip and chan_iax2).

To answer your question, no, this should not make any difference. Further questions along this line should be sent to the asterisk-users list, since this is not a development question.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer