[asterisk-dev] Re: russell: trunk r40153 - in /trunk: acinclude.m4 configure configure.ac

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Aug 17 08:57:29 MST 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 17:37 +0300, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Could you please be more specific?

Here are a couple of links of interest regarding a bug with the
$(eval ...) function:

http://www.mail-archive.com/bug-make@gnu.org/msg02871.html
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=1517

> So when can I start looking at trunk on my Sarge machine? (make 3.80)

I suppose that would be when you upgrade make to 3.81.  It's the
development tree, I don't think this is unreasonable.  As Kevin stated,
for the release code, we will likely look at expanding the Makefiles to
not include the calls to $(eval ...) to magically generate the necessary
build rules.  Instead, we may include a version of the Makefiles with
all of the rules already expanded.  We'll see ...

--
Russell Bryant
Software Developer