[asterisk-dev] Restricting Incoming SIP Calls Without "call-limit"

Mohamed A. Gombolaty mgombolaty at noorgroup.net
Thu Aug 17 01:22:40 MST 2006

Dear Damien,

I have faced this issue before and my solution was adding the calls into groups and then checking the group number and that's it before passing the call, I have a central asterisk which manages four sites and to do so I
used the 6th example (Ramon's example)   in the link below, the asterisk dev guys seem not to be keen about putting a better function for limiting calls, though in real life it is totally wanted, if you still have any
questions I will be glad to answer them.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+SetGroup

Thx
MAG

"Kevin P. Fleming" wrote:

> ----- Damien Gabrielson <damien.gabrielson at mdci.ca> wrote:
> > I can always add logic to my dial plan to count the calls as they come
> > in and hang them up if they are over the limit but I was hoping to
> > find
> > a more native way in Asterisk.
>
> That is the 'native' way. There is no possible way that Asterisk could provide this sort of 'DID grouping' functionality in chan_sip. The most straightforward method is to define the grouping yourself in the dialplan :-)
>
> --
> Kevin P. Fleming
> Senior Software Engineer
> Digium, Inc.