[asterisk-dev] PSTN Hangup Problem with Asterisk

Chan Kwang Mien kwangmien at asgent-tech.com
Wed Aug 16 02:31:26 MST 2006

Hi,

sipphone <--> Asterisk <--> PSTN <--> Cell Phone

Cell Phone calls sipphone. When Cell Phone hangs up,
Asterisk shows "Hangup Zap/1-1" immediately.

However, there is hangup problem for the following case :

sipphone calls Cell Phone. When Cell Phone hangs up, it took about
1 minute for the message "Hangup Zap/1-1" to show up.

>From the debug logs of wctdm, I could see the following immediately.

Aug 16 16:41:03 localhost kernel: 70132 Polarity reversed (-1 -> 1)
Aug 16 16:41:43 localhost kernel: 80319 Polarity reversed (1 -> -1)

My guess is that the hangup is detected immediately by the wctdm driver.
But Asterisk wasn't able to detect the hangup immediately. Could it be
that wctdm did not inform Asterisk of the Hangup ?

Thank you.

Regards,
Kwang Mien