[asterisk-dev] Issue with Asterisk with VRRP

Sergey Kuznetsov asterisk_biz at deeptown.org
Tue Aug 15 13:10:45 MST 2006

Hi there,

I am experiencing the weird situation.

I have two Asterisk servers heartbeating via UCARP.
both of them have their own IP addressess as well as virtual IP address
known to our Telco provider.
Telco provider accepts the calls only from that IP address which is virtual.

Each * box have two Ethernet interfaces to outside of the world and
internal network to the phones.
UCARP works like a charm, incoming calls works like a charm, but
outgoing calls are not working properly,
because by default * provides the default IP address, which is not
virtual. When I bind only to that specific IP address
it starts to work, but SIP phones cannot register and communicate to *
via internal network, because internal IP address
is not binded.

when I use nat=yes, externip = to that virtual ip address & localnet for
local network, SIP part starts to work but RTP traffic is not going thru.

Is there any solution for that? This is the only show stopper which is
not allows us to use this solution in production.

is there any way to add some virtualIP variable to [global] and to
device section, to provide such possibility for HA?

I found that there is the function ast_sip_ouraddrfor, is this possible
to extend it to use with specific peers?

All the Best!
Sergey.