[asterisk-dev] Qualify OPTIONS messages

Evan Borgström evan.borgstrom at ca.mci.com
Tue Aug 15 10:26:18 MST 2006

	True, a lot of devices use OPTIONS for pings (we do it all over the
place), but I think Jon's point is valid. After a quick skim through of
chan_sip.c it doesn't look like having another check of resp in
handle_response_peerpoke for >= 400 along with != 100 that sets the peer
state to alive but would cause ChanIsAvail to see AST_DEVICE_BUSY might
be a handy feature (as I see a lot of people are interested in it from
comments on voip-info.org).

	It doesn't look like it will break anything from my quick skim of
chan_sip, but before I start putting together a patch I'm curious what
are your thoughts are?

-Evan