[asterisk-dev] Qualify OPTIONS messages

Evan Borgström evan.borgstrom at ca.mci.com
Tue Aug 15 09:13:20 MST 2006

	Actually, it is for determining if the UAC is willing to accept an
INVITE. RFC 3262 Section 11.2

   The response to an OPTIONS is constructed using the standard rules
   for a SIP response as discussed in Section 8.2.6.  The response code
   chosen MUST be the same that would have been chosen had the request
   been an INVITE.  That is, a 200 (OK) would be returned if the UAS is
   ready to accept a call, a 486 (Busy Here) would be returned if the
   UAS is busy, etc.  This allows an OPTIONS request to be used to
   determine the basic state of a UAS, which can be an indication of
   whether the UAS will accept an INVITE request.

-Evan