[asterisk-dev] Re: 'IAX2 call variable passing between servers '

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Mon Aug 14 13:14:37 MST 2006

In article <645FEC31A18FE54A8721500CDD55A7B6035D0A2A at mail.oneeighty.com>,
Douglas Garstang <dgarstang at oneeighty.com> wrote:

> [.....] Because the type of the call is IAX,

Doug, you keep going on about the "type" of the "call". Over the last week,
Andrew, Steven and I (at least) have taken time to post detailed explanations
for you of how a "call" passing through Asterisk has *two* distinct legs,
the inbound leg, which in your case is IAX and the outbound leg, which in
your case is SIP.

Unless I'm mistaken, you haven't even posted so much as an acknowledgement
that you understood those explanations or appreciated the trouble taken.

Your phrase I quoted above suggests that you still don't get it.

> no rdnis is set, eventhough the
> phone on pbxB has forwarded the call.

And I think Andrew has gone way beyond the call of duty in working out
the SIP redirection bug and posting it on Mantis. Well done Andrew,
I hope it is appreciated.

Cheers
Tony
--