[asterisk-dev] 'IAX2 call variable passing between servers '

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Aug 11 10:27:49 MST 2006

On Friday 11 August 2006 13:00, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> > What a short term memory you have. You just didn't like the
> > answers that
> > pointed to the fact that when a call uses different transports, you
> > don't get to maintain the transport specific features.
>
> I asked before. I'll ask again. What's the point of IAX then?

I fail to see how this is an IAX2 failing, in any way.  If you want to
maintain the original connection method, set it in a var and send it over
IAX2 using the patch provided.

Honestly, what specifically does that patch not solve for you, or are you just
too stubborn to change your AGI to take advantage of the feature that
eliminates your particular problem?

Honestly -- you came in with a goal you could not achieve.  The actual
definition of the goal being a problem or not was debated hotly, and Tilghman
reluctantly provided a patch which addresses the goal.  Now you say that the
goal has not been satisfied in such a way that you can't implement it without
code changes on your part?  Am I missing something?

Honestly what is wrong with
exten => foo,n,IAXVAR(CHANNELTYPE)
exten => foo,n,IAXVAR(DNID)
exten => foo,n,IAXVAR(RDNIS)
exten => foo,n,Dial(IAX2/box-b/${DESTINATION})

and on box-b:
exten => bar,n,Set(ORIGCHANNELTYPE=${IAXVAR(CHANNELTYPE)})
exten => bar,n,Set(ORIGDNID=${IAXVAR(DNID)})
exten => bar,n,Set(ORIGRDNIS=${IAXVAR(RDNIS)})
exten => bar,n,AGI(must_be_DRMd_AGI.agi)

??  Let your agi look at ORIG* instead of the bare var names...

-A.