[asterisk-dev] Re: Re: Zaptel drivers Part 2

Tim Johnson - Eclipse Electronic Systems tjohnson at eclipse.sigint.com
Fri Aug 11 07:02:23 MST 2006

This puts me where I was before.  indclear == bchan.  When I do this, and attempt to read the data out of the device, the data does not correlate, then again, I'm finding no examples on how to extract this data so I'm sort of 'winging it'.  Also, pri_open() does not work on a channel that is in non-hdlc mode, so I'm guessing this means I'm going back to using a generic 'open()' on the channel.

In 'indclear' mode on channel 1-32, if I do a 'cat /dev/zap/1 >> test.bin' and open test.bin in a hex editor, should I be able to see the data that arrived?  Or does the data need to be processed?  Is there anyway using the provided drivers, to read the raw data(or any variation of) that is received on a channel?  I simply want to read the data coming in on the port.  Seems like it should be very simple so I can't help but think that I'm missing some obvious document or something.  I'm sure once I figure it out I'm going to feel like a real idiot.

Thanks again, and sorry for all the questions.

-Tim