[asterisk-dev] Zaptel drivers Part 2

Tim Johnson - Eclipse Electronic Systems tjohnson at eclipse.sigint.com
Thu Aug 10 08:16:51 MST 2006

Okay, so after taking Steven Crutchfield's advice and looking into the
libpri stuff, I decided to mostly use code from pridump.c to start
experimenting with.  First complaint the code made was in trying to open
the /dev/zap/1 file while the interface was in signaling 128 mode.  So I
changed my /etc/zaptel.conf to make all channels dchan, (see below).

When I do this, operations on the device sort of seem to work as far as
opening and doing a ZT_GETEVENT.  However when I do a select() on the
device file, nothing appears to happen.  select() just continues to
wait, long after data is flowing in.  When I check my syslog, I get
multiple instances of:

--
Aug 10 09:32:24 timlab kernel: HDLC Receiver overrun on channel
TE2/0/1/1 (master=TE2/0/1/1)

This line comes from zaptel.c.

Any idea's?  The machine transmitting is using the following format for
the E1 packet:

HDLC Framing
HDB3 coding
CCS signaling
<more information available if it would help>

Thanks for any help,

-Tim

# Autogenerated by ./genzaptelconf -- do not hand edit
# Zaptel Configuration File
#
# This file is parsed by the Zaptel Configurator, ztcfg
#

# It must be in the module loading order

span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
#bchan=1-15
#dchan=16
#bchan=17-31