[asterisk-dev] libwrap

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Aug 9 06:54:07 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 07:32 -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> ----- Jeffrey C. Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:
> > Asterisk 1.4 will use autoconf, although not in quite the usual way.
>
> I'm curious what you mean by that... how does our usage differ from the 'usual way'?

What I consider "normal" usage of autotools is the following pattern:

./configure --enable-feature-foo --disable-feature-bar --enable-feature-yaddayadda
make
make install

Whereas the pattern with Asterisk is:

./configure
make menuselect  #choose features here rather than in configure
make
make install

Not that I think that it's *wrong*, it's just *different*.

Jeff