[asterisk-dev] callerid_feed: fsk_serie made mylen < 0 (-9)

Greg Delgado gregdelgado at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 7 23:25:52 MST 2006

On my TDM400 FXO interface, I get the following error
whenever I call in:

Aug  7 19:45:41 ERROR[3515]: callerid.c:276
callerid_feed: fsk_serie made mylen < 0 (-9)
Aug  7 19:45:41 WARNING[3515]: chan_zap.c:6087
ss_thread: CallerID feed failed: Success
Aug  7 19:45:41 WARNING[3515]: chan_zap.c:6131
ss_thread: CallerID returned with error on channel
'Zap/1-1'

In zapata.conf, I have:

usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=bell
cidstart=ring

Is this a bug, or is my phone provider's callerid
implementation not compatible with asterisk? How do I
go about debugging this further?

I obtained the ff: callerid specs from my provider:

Link Type : Simplex, two wire
Transmission Scheme: Analogue, FSK
Logical 1 (mark)   : 1200 ? 12 Hz
Logical 0 (space)  : 2200 ? 22 Hz
Receiving rate     : 1200 ? 12 Baud
Application data   : Serial, Binary, Asynchronous
Bit Duration       : 833? 50 usec
Start Signal       : Ring
Data Type          : Single Format (SDMF), Multi
Format (MDMF)
Sensitivity        : -45 dB
S/N Ratio          : 15 dB @ Sensitivity=-45

The information that the PSTN is transmitting to the
TE is in series of 8 bit words each bounded by a start
bit (space) and stop bit (mark). The information is
segmented according to one of the formats: Single Data
Message Format (SDMF) or the Multiple Data Message
Format (MDMF).

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg