[asterisk-dev] 'IAX2 call variable passing between servers '

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Aug 7 12:52:17 MST 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 13:33 -0600, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> [...]

In your example, this is very easy.

Sip-1 ---> SIP call --> Asterisk 1 --> IAX2 --> Asterisk 2

At asterisk 2, you are IAX2. You don't know about the other side, and
you shouldn't care about the otherside. Any call from asterisk 2 out
won't know that the link on the otherside of asterisk1 is and shouldn't
care.

I'm assuming that some where you are hoping to get a transfer done that
will get your asterisk machines out of the loop as well as your other
stated problems. Without using the same transport from end to end, it
won't happen.

> > However, you keep referring to these calls being 'flagged as
> > IAX2 calls when they are SIP calls', which sounds like
> > something that your AGI script (or something else) is doing,
> > not Asterisk. Asterisk doesn't 'flag' calls as being any
> > particular type, so unless you can provide an example of
> > exactly what Asterisk is supposedly doing wrong, I don't
> > think you have actually demonstrated any problem in Asterisk at all.
>
> I am referring to the agi_type variable that Asterisk passes to an AGI
> script when it calls it. It is being set to IAX2, not SIP.

Hopefully this will be clear from the above comments.