[asterisk-dev] Trunk member sequence

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Sat Aug 5 10:43:49 MST 2006

James wrote:
> For the purpose of clairity, this is NOT hunting on the station or customer side.
>
> I'm trying to determine if this feature exists and if not where it should be implemented.
>
> When you interconnect with a telephone company at the carrier level, one of the options on their switch is to set the method that calls sequence through the individual channels on T1's, typical options are:
>
> 1) low to high
> 2) high to low
> 3) random
> 4) least used
>
> I'm sure that there may be other valuses as well.
>
> The purpose is to avoid glare and to keep all calls from starting on the first available trunk each time, distributing the calls somewhat evenly across the channels on the T1 or trunk group.
> I am wanting to implement this to distribute outbound calls.
>
> An variable in zapata for one of the above options would be one way.

Dial(Zap/G1/12345) will always send calls out the highest number
available channel.

Dial(Zap/R1/12345) will send out calls in a round-robin order, highest
to lowest.

I have no idea WHERE this is documented.

--
Now accepting new clients in Birmingham, Atlanta, Huntsville,
Chattanooga, and Montgomery.