[asterisk-dev] Asterisk SIP over TCP design issuse

vivek relan vivek_pict at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 06:52:22 MST 2006

Hi everybody,

I am implementing Asterisk SIP channel over TCP. I have one question in my design.

For a pair of TCP SIP client, should I need to create a separate process/thread ??

But, as mentioned in asterisk document,

"A new INVITE is sent to handle_request_invite(), that will end up starting a new channel in the PBX, the new channel after that executing in a separate channel thread. This is an incoming "call". When the call is answered, either by a bridged channel or the PBX itself the sip_answer() function is called."

So, I don't think that I need to create a separate thread again .

Am I thinking right/not ??? Please clarify.

Waiting for reply.

Thank you.

http://mail.yahoo.com