[asterisk-dev] 'IAX2 call variable passing between servers '

Steven critch at basesys.com
Fri Aug 4 09:47:23 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 08:54 -0600, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> > Maybe it's because of the tone of your emails, and how you
> > seem to think
> > the Asterisk community is a group of idiots because we don't share the
> > same view of IAX2 as you do.  Maybe it's your insistence that you're
> > right and we're wrong, even when you fail to read the
> > to you.  (Then again, maybe we are a group of idiots, and
> > maybe I should
> > calm down and eat some breakfast before I read my email first thing in
> > the morning.  Who knows?)
>
> Don't recollect ever saying that the community where idiots, and
> evidence showing I stated I was right and you where wrong would be
> appreciated. I do notice however that people get very defensive
> whenever I make constructive criticisms (like right now).

Reading skills here are important. The comment above says your problem
is in the TONE of your email that makes it SEEM like you think we all
are idiots.

While you have not said directly that you are right, you keep pointing
out that your assumption is that the software should do something that
it isn't and we should either change the name or fix the problem. This
directly makes it SEEM like you feel we should meet your expectations.
This would mean you feel you know better what is right or wrong.

You have come in here and proven yourself to be be very insistent that
we should bend to your will or else we aren't up to snuff to do
anything. You have, at least up till now, been treated much better than
you probably should have for having come from the -user list for a
appeal to get something done.
--
Steven <critch at basesys.com>