[asterisk-dev] Undefined symbol: ast_dsp_new

james.texter at cox.net james.texter at cox.net
Thu Aug 3 11:52:21 MST 2006

I’m currently working on a custom application for Asterisk written in C++.  So far, everything has been going great, until I tried to start using the ast_dsp* methods.  If I include any of these API’s in my application, then it compiles fine, but when I try to load it into asterisk, it fails with the following:

Unable to load module app_seneca_engine.so
loader.c:325 __load_resource: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/app_seneca_engine.so: undefined symbol _Z11ast_dsp_newv

I’ve tried wiping out /usr/lib/asterisk/modules and recompiling, I’ve even linked in dsp.o to my custom app, still nothing.  I’m pretty much at a loss as to where to go from here.   All other API’s I’m using work just fine, as long as I avoid any of the ast_dsp_ functions.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James