[asterisk-dev] bug in echo cancel at 256 taps

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Wed Aug 2 17:07:22 MST 2006

On Wednesday 02 August 2006 11:56, Christian Richter wrote:
> >I'm far from an expert with SVN so I have to admit I'm mightily
> > confused about all the different branches of Asterisk. Is there a
> > place where this is explained?
>
> 1.2 = stable
> trunk = highly experimental with new features
> 1.4 will be the next stable

We purposely do not call our releases "stable", because of the loaded
connotations of that word (especially since trunk can be more stable
than the release version on certain types of features).

So:

1.2 = current release
1.4 = next release
trunk = current working copy, which will be branched to 1.4.

--
Tilghman