[asterisk-dev] bug in echo cancel at 256 taps

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Wed Aug 2 09:14:09 MST 2006

>> Yesterday and this morning we experienced a serious bug in the echo
>> cancellation.
>>
>> While trying to tweak out some echo on a new asterisk install we set
>> echocancel=256. From then on, calls would usually start out ok (but
>> still with some echo) then there would be what users describe as a
>> 'click' followed by a huge blast of echo making the call
>> impossible to
>> continue.
>>
>> At that point it seems as though the echo is actually being inserted
>> into the call rather than removed.
>>
>> asterisk-1.2.10
>> libpri-1.2.3
>> zaptel-1.2.7 with default ECHO_CAN_KB1
>>
>> Card is a Sangoma A101 using wanpipe-beta7-2.3.4.tgz .
>>
>> Just wanted to run it by the list before entering a bug report to
>> make
>> sure its appropriate and that this isn't actually a wanpipe bug.
>>
>> Is there any other sort of other debugging or analysis that would be
>> helpful?
>
> As previously suggested, make sure you are running the most current
> version of the echo canceler (MG2 in trunk right now) before you
> file any sort of bug report.  It is unlikely that you will find
> anybody that wants to fix bugs in old code.

1.2.10 is less than three weeks old, trunk is not ready for
production, and 1.4 probably won't be out before next year, so
perhaps 'old' bugs should be fixed anyway?

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
roy at karlsbakk.net
(+47) 98013356
---
In space, loud sounds, like explosions, are even louder because there
is no air to get in the way.