[asterisk-dev] bug in echo cancel at 256 taps

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Wed Aug 2 08:55:54 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-02 at 11:31 -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

> I haven't seen any svn commits relating to zaptel in quite some time now, and
> I run svn trunk with echocancel=256 at home without any issues...  How long
> into the call until the 'click' ?

Some calls never have the problem, some calls start off with bad echo,
others have it kick in after a few seconds (~10) then it goes away again
for a while before returning.

Unfortunately this is a remote site and I'm now relying on user reports
so you know how vague they can be.

I was on-site last evening and after experiencing it personally had
thought this problem was caused by the wanpipe echo debugging code thats
inserted into zaptel. I removed the debug option and recompiled the
zaptel drivers leaving the taps set at 256 but then again this morning
the problem reoccurred.

Setting it back to default (128) and doing a reload chan_zap resolved
the issue.

John