[asterisk-dev] bug in echo cancel at 256 taps

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Wed Aug 2 08:16:51 MST 2006

Yesterday and this morning we experienced a serious bug in the echo
cancellation.

While trying to tweak out some echo on a new asterisk install we set
echocancel=256. From then on, calls would usually start out ok (but
still with some echo) then there would be what users describe as a
'click' followed by a huge blast of echo making the call impossible to
continue.

At that point it seems as though the echo is actually being inserted
into the call rather than removed.

asterisk-1.2.10
libpri-1.2.3
zaptel-1.2.7 with default ECHO_CAN_KB1

Card is a Sangoma A101 using wanpipe-beta7-2.3.4.tgz .

Just wanted to run it by the list before entering a bug report to make
sure its appropriate and that this isn't actually a wanpipe bug.

Is there any other sort of other debugging or analysis that would be
helpful?

Regards,

John