[asterisk-dev] Re: MONITOR_EXEC. What about MEETME_EXEC?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Aug 2 04:32:16 MST 2006

In article <44D075DB.308 at decisionworx.com>,
Jan du Toit <jan.du.toit at decisionworx.com> wrote:
> >I assume the OP was setting ROOM himself, since he passed its value to
> >Meetme as an argument.
>
> Yes there is no usage of the Set application.
> With the dialplan like this
> /exten => s,1,MeetMe(${ROOM},rsxA,${PIN})
> /a voice prompts the user when he calls in for the room and pin number. The user then gives
> it via his keypad (pressing # when done) and he gets entered into
> the correct meetme room. I don't know if asterisk then implicitly call the Set application
> or something.

No, what is happening there is that you are fetching a (empty) value
from the non-existent variable ROOM and substituting it into the command.
The same with PIN. So the command that is actually being invoked is:

MeetMe(,rsxA,)

You seem to be expecting Meetme to populate those variables, but in fact
it doesn't even know you had them in your dialplan statement.

If you want MeetMe to populate a variable with the chosen room, you will
need to modify the source to do so. Alternatively, you can put in some
dialplan logic to ask the user for the room number before calling MeetMe,
and putting the chosen number in ROOM using Read() or similar. Then if
your caller has chosen room 1234 for example, the call to MeetMe would
be like this:

MeetMe(1234,rsxA,)

and MeetMe would then go straight to that room without asking.

> I was wondering the System application needs to be executed on a channel, right?
> Does the channel still exist when entering the 'h' extension, isn't it hanged up by then?

The channel does still exist, but in the hung up state. The channel structure
and variables don't disappear until the 'h' extension is finished.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Tony
--