[asterisk-dev] Re: MONITOR_EXEC. What about MEETME_EXEC?

Jan du Toit jan.du.toit at decisionworx.com
Wed Aug 2 02:52:27 MST 2006

>/>> My dialplan looks as follows, the user dials in and are prompt for
/>/>> meetme room and pin number:
/>/>>
/>/>> exten => s,1,MeetMe(${ROOM},rsxA,${PIN})
/>/>>
/>/>> When a meetme user hangs up/been kicked then we count the number of
/>/>> participants in the conference and based on that we execute the extension
/>/>> which executes the System(lame-script) application.
/>/>>
/>/>> exten => h,1,MeetMeCount(${ROOM}|countvar)
/>/>> exten => h,2,GotoIf($[${ROOM} != "" & ${countvar} = 0]?5010:5011)
/>/>>
/>/>> The problem is that the ${ROOM} varaible is empty by the time we get to h,1.
/>/>> I have read somewhere that some channel varaibles are destroyed and you have
/>/>> to watch out for this when using the h extension.
/
>I have always found the variables I want have still been available in the 'h'
>extension. When setting ROOM, you could always try setting _ROOM or __ROOM
>in case it is getting lost somewhere during a channel switch or inheritance.
>You still gets its value using ${ROOM} and not ${_ROOM} etc.

>See "show application set".

>/> I am not sure, but MeetMe does not set the variable ${ROOM} when entered from
/>/> the user - you will probably need to use ${CONFNO} instead
/
>I assume the OP was setting ROOM himself, since he passed its value to
>Meetme as an argument.

Yes there is no usage of the Set application.
With the dialplan like this
/exten => s,1,MeetMe(${ROOM},rsxA,${PIN})
/a voice prompts the user when he calls in for the room and pin number. The user then gives it via his keypad (pressing # when done) and he gets entered into
the correct meetme room. I don't know if asterisk then implicitly call the Set application or something.

I was wondering the System application needs to be executed on a channel, right?
Does the channel still exist when entering the 'h' extension, isn't it hanged up by then?

Moreover, is there any way to execute the System application/or someting similar without a channel?
For example can I invoke the System application from lets say the Manager API?
I know you can execute any CLI command via the Manager API, is there a CLI command for executing system commands?

Thanks for all the help.