[asterisk-dev] ANNOUNCE: libss7

North Antara north at ntbox.com
Tue Aug 1 17:54:46 MST 2006

Matthew Fredrickson wrote:
> It supports MTP2, MTP3, and ISUP.  After I get these layers fleshed
> out, I'm planning on starting on SCCP and the layers above that with
> the eventual goal of database-lookup and SMS support.

Just to make it painfully obvious to those wondering..

In this context, SCCP is Signaling Connection Control Part, and NOT
Skinny Client Control Protocol.  It wouldn't make very much sense the
other way, would it?  I've been trying to be clear by just say "Skinny"
instead of "SCCP" when referring to such.