[asterisk-dev] Corydon76 Issue Deleted: 0006925, 04-28-06 17:49 Corydon76 Issue Deleted: 0006920

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Sun Apr 30 14:17:31 MST 2006

On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 03:35:19PM -0500, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Denis Smirnov wrote:
>
> > I think that moving most of code from core asterisk binary to library
> > would be "The Right Thing". I can do this work. Would it be accepted if
> > done?
>
> If you can demonstrate a solid reason why it's better, yes. If that
> library would only exist to make symbols available to modules via that
> path instead from the Asterisk binary, I think it will be hard
> convincing people that it's worth the effort.

at the moment there are already several things that are build outside
the asterisk binary and need the library, e.g. astman and aelparse.
At the moment we replicate code there, plus there are Makefile
issues causing stuff to be rebuild (e.g. ast_expr2.*) from the
wrong place requiring duplicate rules in the makefiles...

	cheers
	luigi