[asterisk-dev] app_directory realtime

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Apr 27 07:22:41 MST 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 08:13, Ken Ouellette wrote:
> Instead of a complex query, my thought was adding a column to the
> required database schema that would contain the dialpad equivalent
> of the last three letters of a user's last name. This column could
> be indexed and accessed via a simple query:
>
> SELECT * FROM voicemail_table WHERE dialpadlastname = '532' AND
> context='foo';

While you certainly could enforce that with a trigger and stored
procedure on your database, we'd prefer not to depend upon the user
knowing how to program that.  The logic is currently all self-
contained in the application, and we prefer it that way (the key being
that it's portable to pretty much any database you want to stick on
the backend).  But without a trigger, it's difficult to ensure that
that field contains an accurate keypad representation of the last
name.

You're certainly welcome to do that on your own system, though.

--
Tilghman