[asterisk-dev] Zaptel echo canceler as runtime option

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Apr 25 02:52:32 MST 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 11:43:34AM +0200, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Currently, the echo canceler in zaptel modules is a compile time option.
> This makes echo tweaking complicated.
>
> HAve there ever been thoughts about having all of them available and
> choose them as zapata.conf option?
>
> btw: Why is the echo cannceler not a generic PBX feature? Instead it is
> present in various channel drivers of hardware modules.

Basically: will there be a major performance hit if we replace the echo
cancellers with an array of function pointers or something similar? Even
being able to set the echo canceller via a module parameter would be a
step in that direction.

(And the obvious observation is that non of the current echo canceller
modules works well enough for a large enough subset of the cases,
right?)

Tzafrir Cohen      sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755       iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406