[asterisk-dev] Command Syntax -- weird?

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Sat Apr 22 20:53:30 MST 2006

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> http://www.asterisk.org/doxygen/ is the documentation that is generated
> from the code of Asterisk . If you want your documentation to be
> maintained with the evolution of the code, it has to be there (in the
> doxygen docs, that is).

  From the title of the Doxygen page: Developer Documentation.

  Doxygen is great for developers, but many people who use Asterisk have no
  interest in .c and .h files!

  What I'm hoping is that the work I'm doing with the Asterisk user
  documentation is that the developers can focus on writing the code and
  making it work, and the people in charge of documentation can get a
  "Change Log" from the developers on the changes, and the doc folk can
  either look at the code, or look at the Doxygen documentation, and turn it
  into valuable, end-user documentation.

  I have no interest in putting documentation into code.  I do, however,
  think that the "show application Dial" documentation can be confusing due
  to the lack of consistency between functions.  Having documentation online
  that is in-step with the Asterisk code is vital, IMO.

Beckman